Recently there is a big wave about Artifical Intelligence from Open AI, you may see people have started talking about Chat GPT-3 (Generative Pre-training Transformer). As name suggest it is one of the largest language Pre-Trained model which uses deep learning to produce human like answers.
Did you Know?
Open AI’s GPT-3 is the largest Language Model having 175 BN parameters, 10x more than that of Microsoft’s Turing NLG
In this article I will show you the process to leverage Open AI APIs, so let’s begin:
1. Create New Account on OpenAI web site
- Go to Open AI web site https://openai.com/join/
- Create new account with Google or Microsoft Account
2. Get API Keys
- Click on Personal menu link in top right ribbon
- Click on ‘View API keys’
- Click on ‘Create new secret key’ button, it will generate new API secret key
- It will generate new API key, something like in this format sk-<random text>. Copy this key and keep at safe place. You would need this to call OpenAI APIs
- Important Note: As of writing this blog, OpenAI does not provide official API for ChatGPT. One can use an existing models to get answers that are somewhat similar to the ChatGPT capabilities: Davinci.
3. Call OpenAI API with Postman
- Open Postman Application
- Enter URL as https://api.openai.com/v1/completions
- Select POST HTTP method
- In Authorization tab, select TYPE as ‘Bearer Token’
- Paste API key (from Step 2) in token field
- Now we need to send query/prompt in API body, so to do that select Body tab, select raw format as JSON and paste your JSON like this.
- In this example we are using text-davinci-003 model and asking it to correct English Grammer in given sentense
- Once done, click on Send button
- The JSON response will return sentense with correct English Grammer.